Compress, Encrypt, Package and Backup with only one utility
WinRAR is a 32-bit/64-bit Windows version of RAR Archiver, the powerful archiver and archive manager. WinRARs main features are very strong general and multimedia compression, solid compression, archive protection from damage, processing of ZIP and other non-RAR archives, scanning archives for viruses, programmable self-extracting archives(SFX), authenticity verification, NTFS and Unicode support, strong AES encryption, support of multivolume archives, command line and graphical interface, drag-and-drop facility, wizard interface, theme support, folder tree panel, and multi-thread support. Since version 3.90 is also a WinRAR version for Windows x64 is available.
If you use Windows x64, it is strongly recommended to install 64 bit WinRAR version. It provides a higher performance and better shell integration than 32-bit version. Designed to work on Windows 98/NT/2000/ME/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7/Windows 8. It provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack and convert CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7-Zip archives. Its available in over 40 languages. There is also a 64 Bit version available.
The command line version RAR is available for Linux, DOS, OS/2, FreeBSD and MAC OS X. Pocket RAR, the FREE version of WinRAR for Pocket PCs, completes the compression product range. WinRAR for Windows costs USD 29.00 for a single-user license. We use a volume pricing system that gives our customers better prices the more licenses they buy. No need to purchase add-ons to create self-extracting files, it is all included. Unlike the competition, It has already integrated the ability to create and change SFX archives (.exe files) using default and external SFX modules. So when you purchase a license you are buying a license for the complete technology.
WinRAR at a glance
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- It puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- This ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- It allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal if you are sending data through the web. Its 256-bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- These licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.